Each year companies around the country renew their commitment to delivering great customer service during the national celebration of Customer Service Week.
Customer Service Week was established by the International Customer Service Association (ICSA) in 1984 and proclaimed a national event by the U.S. Congress in 1992. National Customer Service Week is celebrated annually during the first full business week of October each year.
CopperPoint, along with thousands of companies around the country, celebrate Customer Service Week with a special week-long schedule of activities. These events demonstrate to our employees, policyholders and agents our strong commitment to customer satisfaction. This year’s celebration has even more significance since CopperPoint designated 2017 The Year of the Customer.
If you’re looking for ways to inject customer service messages into your organization, here are a few tips:
- Send out communications via email, voicemail or hold an all-company meeting so everyone knows it’s Customer Service Week.
- Get creative and post an announcement on your organization’s intranet, or hang signs.
- Treat your employees to an on-site breakfast or lunch served by management to thank them for taking care of your customers.
- Plan a special dress day. Pick a theme or make it a “dress down” day, to infuse some spirit in the workplace.
- Recognize your customer service stars with awards.
No matter what you plan, the most important thing to remember is that Customer Service Week never really ends. Customer service needs to be a consistent part of your overall strategy for building your organization’s brand.
At CopperPoint, we’ll be working hard all week, and every day after, to get closer to meeting the needs of each policyholder and agency partner. It’s more than delivering a product. It’s about delivering a great experience.
Have a terrific week!