CopperPoint Insurance Companies was a proud sponsor of the Phoenix chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) 2017 Desert Diamonds Awards Gala held on Wednesday, June 14. CopperPoint sponsored the Business Owner of the Year award won by Connie Zimmerlich of ClickChickPhotography.
NAWBO is the voice of America’s 10.6 million women-owned businesses. Since 1975, NAWBO has helped women evolve their businesses by sharing resources and providing a single voice to shape economic and public policy. The Phoenix chapter has been operating for 32 years and hosts the awards gala annually to celebrate the achievements of exceptional women business owners throughout greater Phoenix.
Women were honored in each of the six award categories:
- Corporate Partner of the Year
- Unsung Hero
- Bridge Builder
- Member of the Year
- Spirit of NAWBO Sisterhood
- Business Owner of the Year
Mary Ann Sturm, Vice President, Human Resources for CopperPoint, presented the Business Owner of the Year Award to Zimmerlich. The award is given to a business owner who has utilized creative initiatives to overcome obstacles. As a longstanding corporate sponsor of NAWBO, CopperPoint was pleased to be on-hand to support all of the nominees and winners.
A full list of the 2017 Desert Diamonds Awards Gala winners includes:
- Corporate Partner of the Year: Salt River Project
- Unsung Hero: Clarisse Ringwald, Clarisse Color Creations
- Bridge Builder: Lynda Bishop, Relationship Insurance
- Member of the Year: Connie Zimmerlich, ClickChick Photography
- Spirit of NAWBO Sisterhood: Jackie Wszalek, Splash Printing & Marketing
- Business Owner of the Year: Connie Zimmerlich, ClickChick Photography
“Congratulations to all of the outstanding women business owners who conquer life and business. We’re pleased to be able to celebrate each other and your outstanding achievements,” said Phaedra Earhart, 2016-2017 President NAWBO Phoenix.
For more information on NAWBO, or to become a member, visit the organization’s website.