This is the time of year that lots of lists come out. We saved the following list from September: the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s annual list of top 10 most cited violations for 2017.
Fall protection – training requirements was added to the list, in recognition of the lack of training given to employees who may be exposed to the risk of falling from heights. Fall Protection – general requirements again saw the most violations cited.
This compilation may serve as a safety checklist for construction and heavy industry employers as they head into the new year.
The complete list includes:
1. Fall protection – general requirements: 6,887 violations.
2. Hazard communication: 4,176 violations
3. Scaffolding: 3,288 violations
4. Respiratory protection: 3,097 violations
5. Lockout/tag-out: 2,877 violations
6. Ladders in construction: 2,241 total violations
7. Powered industrial trucks: 2,162 violations
8. Machine guarding: 1,933 violations
9. Fall protection – training requirements: 1,523 violations
10. Electrical wiring methods: 1,405 violations